Dan’s team was engaged by a major European property developer to perform a detailed forensic review of the Client’s Romanian activities with the key focus on a recently built shopping mall.
The review focused primarily on operations regarding the shopping mall in respect of the following:
- Exposure of potential non-standard transactions, undisclosed relationships and individuals involved;
- Identification of potential non-standard transactions, schemes and/or wrongdoings from the commencement date of the project;
- Identification of potential involvement of the local management and employees in the non-standard transactions and/or misconduct;
- Review of internal controls in place and procedures related to the areas of the Client’s concern; and
- Recommendation on enhancement of policies, procedures and controls to mitigate identified risks for future projects.