- 18. 10. 2019
- Posted by: admin
Two major banks instructed Dan and his team to conduct a forensic investigation into aspects of their bad debt portfolio and certain questionable transactions. The scope of work on these engagements included:
- The review and analysis of controls, systems and procedures.
- The detailed analysis of loans, letters of credit and other pre-financing schemes and arrangements.
- The identification of significant, irregular and/or fraudulent transactions.
- The apportionment of blame.
- The quantification of losses.
- Necessary support in civil and criminal actions.
In one case, our client sued business parties in three foreign jurisdictions as a consequence of this investigation. In another instance, our investigation led to the arrest of a high-profile businessperson on charges of fraud against one of the two major banks.