Dan’s team was retained to conduct a forensic investigation of allegations against the former CEO of a major construction company. The alleged irregularities included:
- Asset stripping and embezzlement of funds by the former CEO and senior members of management;
- Members of management pursuing other business interests representing a conflict of interest due to their positions within the company;
- Collusion with suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Bribery and corruption;
- Non-commercial contracts entered into with third parties to the detriment of the company; and
- Very weak internal controls.